REPL Group develops and implements technical solutions in the retail space – our experience and expertise delivers visionary professional services and unique solutions that transform business operations.
We’ve worked with all of the world’s top retailers, both locally in South Africa and internationally. These achievements are made possible by hiring the best talent: teams of specialists who share our ambition to deliver the exceptional.
We’re expanding our offering for an in house data science team within REPL Group worldwide, to meet the demands of a growing portfolio of new and exciting projects.
The data science team are part of the delivery consulting team, delivering a data science consulting offering across a wide portfolio of clients and services. As such, we are working on a broad spectrum of activities, ranging from algorithms development, data analysis and software development support.
As an equal opportunity employer we recognise the value of an inclusive workforce and particularly encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Data analysis using either an exploratory or hypothesis driven approaches
- Predictive modelling using machine learning techniques such as generalised linear models and Bayesian inference, and Deep Learning
- Work side-by-side with clients to provide bespoke data science consultations
- Contribute to the development, and ongoing improvement of our in house platforms
- Provide data science expertise and support as required to the wider organisation
- Strong related academic background i.e. Masters level degree in numerate subject, preferably data science
- Theoretical knowledge of classical statistical methods, bayesian learning, and neural networks, and its application to machine learning techniques
- Strong Python/R experience
- Demonstrable experience with RStudio or Jupyter notebooks
- Keen to utilise up-to-date software development practices
- Good communications skills, verbal and written
- Self-starter, happy to work alone or as part of a team
- Willing to occasionally work off-site at supplier or customer sites
- Experience with Tensor Flow
- Experience of Hadoop
- Experience with high level software language such as Scala, Java or C#
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Experience of utilising a continuous integration approach to software development
- Experience of software containers e.g. Docker
- Comfortable working with different data science tools
come work with us.
We employ the very best, offering career opportunities for the passionate, talented specialists who share our ambition to deliver the exceptional. Our people create impact and influence, challenging the conventional and exceeding their potential. Working with industry-leading companies around the world, we expect high standards. In return, you’ll develop skills and advance your career in a vibrant, pioneering environment.
your own fully
choice of laptop
achieve the remarkable.
we hope we sound like the sort of team you’d like to be a part of? Click here to view all of our vacancies.