lead data engineer.
lead data engineer.
If you’re looking for your new, bigger and better job opportunity as a Lead Data Engineer, you’ve come to the right place. Rather than just going into detail about what you’ll be doing and what we’re looking for (which we’ll cover further on), we know it’s just as important to find out about the community you’ll be joining, the work you’ll get up to and most importantly, how we have fun.
** Please note, as is the nature of a Consulting organisation, our recruiting demands often change. Due to this, we are nimble in our recruiting approach and may not always have active career opportunities for your specific skill set. Our recruiting team will be in touch regardless to advise of opportunities within REPL Group.
Your new role:
- Provide technical input to system and software architecture design activities.
- Work closely with the data science team to develop a robust interface framework for the algorithms.
- Produce technical documentation covering software requirements, design specifications and test specifications.
- Develop high quality maintainable software features in accordance with the software process.
- Develop and implement sustainable developer test strategies to verify and validate software features.
- Investigate and fix issues in new and existing software/features.
- Produce prototype software features to demonstrate concepts and ideas.
- Support software platform deployments.
- Produce/update software process documentation.
- Investigate and deploy new software development tools to support software development.
Where can my career go?
We care about your career, so at REPL you will have the opportunity to learn on the job. We offer a remarkable range of training opportunities, so by joining us as a Lead Data Engineer, there are opportunities to become an expert in your area of specialism or broader in the world of Data Engineering across our delivery practices & within Accenture. Not sure how this fits in? Talk to us about this in your first stage interview. The opportunities are endless as your growth is up to you, supported by your Line Manager.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Strong academic background i.e., bachelor’s level in degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar.
- System level thinker who can quickly understand and solve complex technical problems.
- Demonstrable commercial big data engineering experience.
- Experience of applying object-oriented design principles.
- Strong Python experience.
- Strong experience with Big Data such as Spark/Glue/DataBricks
- Keen to utilise up-to-date software development practices.
It would also be great if you had / a desire to learn about:
- DevOps platforms such as Azure DevOps etc
- DevOps delivery experience including the use of automation tools and containerisation to deliver CI/CD pipelines.
- Build tools and scripting experience in YAML, Bash, PowerShell etc
- Commercial experience using CDK, Cloud Formation or SAM, AWS Step Function, Azure pipelines, CGP.
- Object oriented development experience
- Experience with Agile project management tools such as Jira, Azure Boards etc
- Commercial experience of monitoring, maintaining, and scaling AWS hosted infrastructure
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience of test-driven development.
- Experience of developing and applying automated tests.
- Experience of utilising a continuous integration approach to software development.
- Experience of software containers e.g., Docker.
- Experience of working with mobile application developers and integrating mobile applications with web services.
- Experience of applying UML to describe software designs.
- Experience of integrating software and hardware.
- Comfortable working with different software processes.
At REPL, we don’t just facilitate diversity and inclusion, we celebrate and endorse it. Our people are at the heart of the company, and by promoting an open and collaborative environment, we’re able to provide an inclusive and uplifting environment for all our teams, whilst continuing to deliver above and beyond for our clients. From our Employee Engagement and Wellbeing groups to Pride, EDI and Women in Tech, celebrating employee individuality is at the forefront of our culture. As such, we particularly encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
On top of our super fun list of job perks, REPL Group prides itself on being a family-first, family friendly work environment. We offer enhanced maternity, paternity, parental leave and flexible working to ensure that work-life balance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
come work with us.
We employ the very best, offering career opportunities for the passionate, talented specialists who share our ambition to deliver the exceptional. Our people create impact and influence, challenging the conventional and exceeding their potential. Working with industry-leading companies around the world, we expect high standards. In return, you’ll develop skills and advance your career in a vibrant, pioneering environment.
your own fully
choice of laptop
achieve the remarkable.
we hope we sound like the sort of team you’d like to be a part of? Click here to view all of our vacancies.